What you’ll do
- Transformation of very large and complex datasets into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Build high performing machine learning and statistical models on very large datasets
- Develop novel algorithms and innovative data-driven solutions to solve business problems
- Implement and help enhance existing ML pipeline, framework and modelling packages used by the team
- Building and maintaining good quality code and help iteratively develop software to increase efficiencies
- Show strong interest and understanding of the assigned business domain
What you need to succeed
As a data-scientist, you will need the following skills and experience to succeed in the role:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, Actuarial Science or related field or equivalent. Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of programming experience preferably in Python with strong grasp of software engineering standard methodologies such as code-reusability, modularity, use of repos, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience of building machine learning models for business applications
- Advanced level understanding of machine learning fundamentals and model development principles (Generalization, Bias-Variance Tradeoff, GLMs, NLMs, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience with ML/AI technologies, such as scikit-learn, Keras. TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience mining IoT sensor data or Telematics data will be considered an asset
- Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Databricks, Scala will be considered an asset
What sets you apart
- A growth mindset with versatile skills and able to work through problems from first-principles.
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your ability to draw inferences from data. This includes participation within the broader data science community including Kaggle competitions or any personal projects with open data.
- Experience at all stages of data science; problem definition, data acquisition & wrangling, modelling, feature engineering and deployment.
- Amazing people skills and able to translate and communicate complex algorithms to non-technical individuals. Someone who understands that it is not enough to just have a phenomenal algorithm but meaningful to build an agreement for the solution from different partners.
- Experience working as part of an Agile Team
- The best problems in the industry are yet to be articulated. We need someone who is creative and self-motivated